Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SHIELA AND SIDNEY: SUGAR GLIDERS?!?Yes people...sugar gliders! Yep, they are marsupials from Australia, but hey they are now ours. Our family friends Shampsi and Joel and daughter Kalle got these girls at a festival of some sort but then decided that they didnt have enough time for them. Well, dear sweet lovely Margot (You CANNOT say ENOUGH good stuff about MARGOTTTT!!!! EVER!) emailed me knowing I had rats and could take care of creatures like these thought maybe I would be up for the challenge.
Yep, I guess the whole family was cool with it! They are carried around in a pouch daily and love being warm. They eat apples ALL the time. Thank you gliders, now my mom buys ALOT of apples...they are now ALWAYS in the house!!! YUMMMMM!!!!!!!
Sidney seems to be more adventurous them Shiela who seems to like sleepin more. They even make a barking noise. They also cant have access to wood shavings at the bottom of their cage because late at night they will pick it up and thow it at eachother. Did I mention they have thumbs?They are just sooo cute and perfect for this family! We have each gotten bit but it kinda feels llike a pinch...not bad. They are also CRAZY on thier wheel at night! They are just awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god! I love sugar gliders or what ever they're called! :P lol.

I have a baby sister named Sydney!

:)

courtney

Anonymous said...

Hey Vayda! I love sugar gliders, theyre so cute!

It's great to see your doin' good. i love those pictures of your homecoming outfit, it rocks!

i saw your art blog too, and i think i like the picture of your shoes at the top best <3
love ya, miss ya, wish i could see ya!

~Miriam